COVID19 Safety Protocols
Thank you for your watching the “Back On Stage” concert live from the Merced Theatre stage on September 11, 2020!
The Merced Symphony Association and Music Director Ming Luke are delighted to keep symphonic music alive and well in Downtown Merced. This special gift to all of Merced County would not be possible without the commitment of our musicians to this community and our commitment to keeping our musicians safe while on stage.
To achieve those goals, we will implement the following safety protocols during this special live production:
- Rehearsal and initial tuning / bowing outdoors in shaded area.
- Temperature checks at the start of rehearsals.
- Maximum of 20 people in the stage and production area, including technical staff, at any time.
- Masks required at all times.
- Spacing between players on stage.
- No shared sheet music stands.
- No individuals exhibiting COVID symptoms permitted to participate.
- Indoor filming will be segmented and limited to 25 minutes at a time, with 5-10 minutes between sets to allow air to circulate through the main theater.
- Enforced social distancing when musicians and technical staff enter or exit the production area.
- Periodic sanitizing of stage area, stands, and other non-instrument music equipment between sets.
We look forward to a safe and exciting performance on September 11!
To view this special performance, visit the homepage for instructions.